You're using an unsupported web browser. Some features may not work correctly. Please check out our list of supported browsers for the best experience. Dismiss

Star Trek Online

Season 6 Dev Blog #15

By PWE_BranFlakes | Thu 19 Jul 2012 10:01:23 AM PDT

TNG 25th Anniversary

For me, The Next Generation was the Star Trek series that made me a fan. It was the series I watched with my dad, geeked out about with my friends, and had me at the edge of my seat week after week. It’s the Trek that made me go back and watch The Original Series, made me stand in line for the opening night of every Trek film, and got me going to conventions. It’s the series that set me up as a lifetime Trekkie.

25 years ago was the start of a new era of Trek, and that first season of The Next Generation laid the groundwork for all the amazing things to come in the post-TOS era. We wanted to give players a nice treat on the 25th Anniversary of that first season. For that we chose a free Season 1 TNG Uniform. To spice it up a bit, we added Worf’s Season 1 baldric and his signature hair and goatee. Why Worf? Worf represented the new world for Trek that began that first season. A universe where enemies of old could work together, a galaxy where there were still discoveries to be made, and a hope for the future of the series.

----------

Star Trek Online STO MMORPG F2P Sc-Fi MMO game

From now until around 10am PDT on Tuesday, July 24th, to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation, we’re running an in-game promotion where you can unlock free, special costume options for your characters*. Open your Mission Journal (default key “J”) to accept a mini-mission that will ask you to go to speak with Worf in the Holodeck of either Starfleet or Klingon Academy. Complete this mission and unlock the following rewards:

Federation male and female characters:

• TNG Season 1 Uniform

Klingon and Federation male characters that have hair options:

• Worf’s short hair and warrior goatee from TNG Season 1

Klingon and Federation male and female characters:

• Worf’s TNG Season 1 style Uniform Sash

Star Trek Online STO MMORPG F2P Sc-Fi MMO game

*NOTE: This is not an account-wide unlock. You’ll need to speak to Worf on each of the characters that you would like to unlock these costume options on.

We hope you enjoy this special promotion and we’ll see you in-game. Happy 25th Anniversary TNG!

Matt Highison
Lead Character Artist
Star Trek Online

Season 6 News Dev Blog Index

Link to the forum post

sto-news, star-trek-online,

Most Recent More

Save 25% on Keys and the Keyring Bundle over the next 48 hours on PC!
Read more
Check out the exciting changes coming to Star Trek Online in our latest patch notes!
Read more
Get an overview of all our events and sales for this week!
Read more

hover media query supported