You're using an unsupported web browser. Some features may not work correctly. Please check out our list of supported browsers for the best experience. Dismiss

Star Trek Online

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #31

By PWE_BranFlakes | Wed 10 Jul 2013 08:00:26 AM PDT

Dilithium Mine Featured Project #2

Star Trek Online STO MMORPG F2P Sci-Fi MMO Game Legacy of Romulus

As fleets have expanded their holdings and rosters, a need to secure their supply chains has developed. To ensure that they have enough power to keep up with their demands, fleets have staked out claims on the dilithium rich asteroids of the Vlugta asteroid belt.

Similar to Fleet Starbases and Embassies, special projects will become available from time to time for fleets’ Dilithium Mines. Completion of these special projects will unlock new features to expand the commercial and technological appearance of your mine. Be quick, though – when a special project becomes available, it will only be available for a limited time; you must start the project before the end of the feature. Once you’ve started the project, you can keep working on it until it’s finished, even if the special event ends. As with Starbases and Embassies, you can only work on one special project at a time, so act fast!

Our next special featured project for the Fleet Dilithium Mine is, “Welcoming Entry.” As fleets continue to develop their dilithium mines, more improvements are being made to the interior structures to enhance the ambiance for those working there. The upcoming enhancements include the replacement of some of the flooring and walls to allow for better views, along with the addition of space to display environmental suits.

Upon completion of this special project, enhancements will be made to the structure of your Fleet Dilithium Mine’s interior. Some of the flooring on the first level will be re-finished to provide views of the Dilithium deposits below, EV suits will be put on display near the entry way, and a couple of the walls next to them will be removed to also provide better views of the mine’s treasure. This special project will be available from around 10AM PDT this Thursday, July 11th, 2013, until around when server maintenance starts on July 25th, 2013 (or 7AM PDT — whichever is earlier).

Star Trek Online STO MMORPG F2P Sci-Fi MMO Game Legacy of Romulus

Keep checking back to see what’s next on the featured project list! We hope you are enjoying Legacy of Romulus and we’ll see you in-game!

Charles Gray
Content Designer
Star Trek Online

Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog Index

- - - - -

Click here to learn more about Legacy of Romulus, our free-to-play expansion for Star Trek Online. Advance your journey of rebuilding the Romulan legacy with a Legacy Pack purchase! Click on the logo below to learn more about it.

Want more game details, screens, and videos? Like Star Trek Online on Facebook for more exclusive content and follow us on Twitter – tweet us your questions! And, subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest Star Trek Online videos.

- - - - -

Discuss this in the forums

sto-news, star-trek-online,

Most Recent More

Save 25% on Keys and the Keyring Bundle over the next 48 hours on PC!
Read more
Check out the exciting changes coming to Star Trek Online in our latest patch notes!
Read more
Get an overview of all our events and sales for this week!
Read more

hover media query supported