You're using an unsupported web browser. Some features may not work correctly. Please check out our list of supported browsers for the best experience. Dismiss

Star Trek Online

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #39

By PWE_BranFlakes | Wed 21 Aug 2013 12:00:15 PM PDT

Dilithium Mine Featured Project #5

Star Trek Online STO MMORPG F2P Sci-Fi MMO Game Legacy of Romulus

As fleets have expanded their holdings and rosters, a need to secure their supply chains has developed. To ensure that they have enough power to keep up with their demands, fleets have staked out claims on the dilithium rich asteroids of the Vlugta asteroid belt.

Similar to Fleet Starbases and Embassies, special projects will become available from time to time for fleets’ Dilithium Mines. Completion of these special projects will unlock new features to expand the commercial and technological appearance of your mine. Be quick, though – when a special project becomes available, it will only be available for a limited time; you must start the project before the end of the feature. Once you’ve started the project, you can keep working on it until it’s finished, even if the special event ends. As with Starbases and Embassies, you can only work on one special project at a time, so act fast!

Our next special featured project for the Fleet Dilithium Mine is, “On Display.” As fleets continue to excavate their mines, special crystals that are found are being put on display around various locations in the interior – the various crystals move around via the light beams. While the Federation and Klingon Defense Force, along with their Romulan Republic allies, still have a ways to go before their mines are completed, these flowing treasures remind those working there of the true beauty that surrounds them.

Upon completion of this special project, enhancements will be made to your Fleet Dilithium Mine. Special crystal displays will be added to various elements around the interior (ground) of your Dilithium Mine. This special project will be available from around 10AM PDT this Thursday, August 22nd, 2013, until around when server maintenance starts on September 5th, 2013 (or 7AM PDT — whichever is earlier).

Star Trek Online STO MMORPG F2P Sci-Fi MMO Game Legacy of Romulus

Keep checking back to see what’s next on the featured project list! We hope you are enjoying Legacy of Romulus and we’ll see you in-game!

Charles Gray
Lead Content Designer
Star Trek Online

Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog Index

- - - - -

Click here to learn more about Legacy of Romulus, our free-to-play expansion for Star Trek Online. Advance your journey of rebuilding the Romulan legacy with a Legacy Pack purchase! Click on the logo below to learn more about it.

Want more game details, screens, and videos? Like Star Trek Online on Facebook for more exclusive content and follow us on Twitter – tweet us your questions! And, subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest Star Trek Online videos.

- - - - -

Discuss this in the forums

sto-news, star-trek-online,

Most Recent More

Check out the exciting changes coming to Star Trek Online in our latest patch notes!
Read more
Get an overview of all our events and sales for this week!
Read more
Check out all the exciting changes coming to Star Trek Online in our latest patch notes!
Read more

hover media query supported